Jo Malone Rock the Ages | Lily of the Valley & Ivy

15:42:00

My favourite kind of package comes in the form of a cream bag tied together perfectly with a ribbon, this only means Jo Malone. I'm so fond of those cream bags that I have created quite a friendship with the ladies in my local store.

Jo Malone recently launched their Rock the Ages collection containing five colognes depicting British history all the way from the Tudor dynasty onto Britain in the present day. I was very excited about this collection when I heard about it as being a bonafide history nerd, a mix of history with beauty is my kind of heaven particularly when a company I love is heading the collection. 

The collection contains Tudor Rose & Amber a sweet yet spicy fragrance based off the heritage rose of England, Lily of the Valley & Ivy a light floral scent depicting Georgian London, the classic Pomegranate Noir to represent the Victorian era, Geranium & Verbena an aromatic scent to depict Edwardian summers, finishing with Birch & Black Pepper a spicy and smoky scent for Britain today. My pick of the bunch was Lily of the Valley & Ivy* which isn’t my typical scent - I thought I’d be all over the Tudor Rose & Amber as I tend to prefer heavier fragrances & the Tudor dynasty is my favourite point in England's heritage - however with notes of cassis, green ivy, lily and narcissus a floral yet hearty scent is created which smells even better as you wear it throughout the day. These retail for £42 - slightly more than the standard fragrances but they are limited edition and the packaging is even more gorgeous than the standard Jo Malone packaging. Picking up one of these beauties - or anything from Jo Malone in general - would also make a gorgeous mothers day present for those in the UK with mothering Sunday coming up next week.

Have you tried the Rock the Ages collection?


~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.