L'Oreal Infallible 24HR-Matte Foundation | Review

09:45:00

“Ultra-melting fluid emulsion, perfectly glides and fuses on the skin – no cakey or dull effect, 24HR Mattifying action, absorbing mineral micro sponges help to absorb excess oil”

My favourite high street foundation has long been the L’Oreal Infallible - review here - and I have been through countless bottles of the stuff. Recently however L’Oreal have released the baby sister of my favourite foundation, a marketed matte version. The L’Oreal Infallible 24HR-Matte promises to stay matte all day without giving a dull and lifeless look to the face. I’ve been testing it out for the past few weeks and it has fast become my go-to foundation. 

This foundation is thicker than the original so I like to apply it with a damp makeup sponge however it isn’t so thick that its hard to blend. Once applied it looks and feels very lightweight leaving a powder feel finish - which can cling to any dry patches so its not so good for combination skin goers - without leaving your skin looking lifeless and dull. I find that I don’t need to powder this foundation which is very rare for my oily skin and even after wearing for a few hours I still don’t need to add powder, that being said I wouldn’t say it would keep you matte for a whole day - but who wears their makeup for 24 hours straight anyway? 

Despite it feeling very lightweight on the skin it still holds good coverage, its marketed as a full coverage foundation however I would say its more of a medium coverage, but it is easily buildable.  This foundation also mixes beautifully with other more dewy or less coverage foundations to give them a bit more oomph - I’ve been mixing it with the original Infallible and the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, review here - but I’ve also been wearing it alone especially on days where I need my foundation to last all day without needing to touch up every few hours. The other great thing about this gem is you get more product than a regular foundation - 35ml instead of the usual 30ml - and its cheaper than the original Infallible - £6.99 instead of £9.99. The shade range is the same as the original infallible and the matte version still suffers from the oxidising quality of the original - which for me is good as I'm between shades anyway.

The real question is however, do I prefer it to the original Infallible? The answer is that it depends on the day. Both foundations give great coverage and great finishes. If I need my makeup to last longer than I’ll opt for the matte but if I want slightly more of a radiant finish I’ll opt for the original. The gold though, lays with mixing them together, then you create a hybrid of the both with an in-between finish that is neither matte nor radiant but sticks around a long time with a great finish and healthy look to the skin.

Have you tried the newest edition to the Infallible line?


~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.