The Contouring Edit | Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit & Maybelline Fit Me

18:35:00

Contouring is a step we all take to make our cheeks more chiseled and our noses more straight. It’s a step I prioritise in my makeup routine - along with my brows - and one I hate to skip. 

For my contour in the past I have raved about the Sleek Face Form Kit in ‘light’ - review here - which I still love, however recently something new has entered the ring, the Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit. This new little gem from the high street contains a contour shade, a bronzer and highlight shade. The contour shade is the best high street contour colour I’ve tried - even better than the Sleek version - as its very ashy and pigmented which is the perfect combination to create realistic contour as most contour shades from the high street are too warm toned which doesn’t create a shadow but rather a brown stripe across your cheek - not a good look. The bronzer is pigmented and completely matte which is great to add warmth to the face without it looking like mud, which bronzers with shimmer can do. The highlight shade is great for highlighting under the eyes because it is also matte. It has been my first time using a matte highlighter and I can say I prefer it to shimmer ones. I often find that shimmer highlighters look too overdone like you’ve had a fight with a fairy or touched cheeks with a Kardashian whereas a matte highlight still brings light to places you want to bring forward without everything being too reflective. These powders aren't the mist blendable though so it's better to start light and add more rather than going straight in with a lot of product and not being about to blend it out.

I’ve been applying my contour with the Real Techniques Contour Brush recently as its the perfect shape and size to apply product to the face and I have been blending my contour and applying the bronzer with the Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek brush as it’s slightly bigger and more fluffy so it easily disperses product without anything being to definitive as it doesn’t pick up too much product.

Underneath my powder contour I sometimes like to use a cream product. This not only intensifies the contour for when you want to amp things up but also means it’ll last longer throughout the day or night. To do this I’ve been using the Maybelline Fit Me concealer - review here - in a shade much darker than my actual skin colour. I apply a few dots on my contour line - the indentation from your ear to the corner of your mouth made when you suck in your cheeks - and bend it out with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. Personally I don’t like to use this around my hair line, jaw line or my nose because it can get a little heavy and a bit too intense but if you’re confident enough, go for it. I then go over that with powder to set it. You could just use the cream product though if you wanted a more natural contour.

What are your favourite contouring products?


~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.