Braids | SS15 Trends

13:58:00

Braids are a big trend for hair this spring/summer season and they were seen all over the catwalk during fashion week from rock chick to boho vibes, every base was covered. They’re my favourite way to add interest to my hair, on days when my hair won’t cooperate or I’m just bored of having my hair down I’ll add an interesting braid - they’re also really great at disguising hair that is due a wash. Here are some of my favourite ways to wear my hair in braids.

Fishtail ‘milk maid’ braids | Milkmaid braids have been seen on everyone from Jennifer Lawrence to Ashley Olsen, my favourite way to wear them though is by using fish tail braids opposed to the traditional plait. I think it makes them a bit different from what you usually see. Just split your hair in half, fish tail braid each side and pin on top of your head. Easy peasy.

Daenerys-esque hair | Daenerys Targaryen is probably my favourite female character from the Game of Thrones series - Tyrion being my overall favourite - and I also love her hair. All of the hair on Game of Thrones centres around braids and by adding texture and pulling braids apart the looks can definitely be adapted to wear in the real world. Its quite easy to get arm ache whilst braiding your own hair in this style though.

Side sweep braid | This is my favourite way to wear my hair on a night out if I don’t have a lot of time to get ready or I don’t know what I want to do with my hair. I prefer to dutch braid my hair back rather than french braid as it gives more of a 3D effect to the hair. You can leave the hair left down straight or you can curl it, I generally just add sea salt spray to whatever wave I happen to have at the time to add a bit more body. This style is super quick and easy but still looks put together.

Side braid | This is another great simple and quick style that looks like you put a lot of effort into it. Essentially its a dutch braid - or you can use a french braid - down the side of your head rather than the middle which incorporates all of your hair. This style can be made very sleek or by adding a lot of texture to the hair can be given a serious rock edge.

My favourite products for adding texture to hair is amid between the Got2Be volumising powder which distributed through the roots gives serious volume or put through the lengths of the hair gives texture for bobby pins to anchor themselves to. I also love the Tony & Guy sea salt spray to add texture to my hair.

What’s your favourite way to wear braids?

~ Jade xx


* Thank you to Lucy for being my glamorous model.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.