Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder | A New Favourite

09:00:00

For as long as I can remember my go-to powder has been the Rimmel Stay Matte. I’ve mentioned it many times in previous posts, however recently I’ve been reaching for something new.

The Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder has become my new favourite high street powder and has replaced my love for Rimmel’s Stay Matte. This powder doesn’t keep me matte for as long as the Stay Matte - it claims to keep you matte for 10hrs but I don’t think any powder in the world could work that magic - but it doesn’t leave my face looking slightly lifeless like the Stay Matte does, instead it gives a subtle radiance to the face which I really like as although I have oily skin and I don’t want my makeup to move I still want my skin to look healthy. 

The Healthy Balance also doesn’t emphasise any pores like the Stay Matte does if you’re slightly heavy handed, as it's a finely milled powder so sits on the skin beautifully. I have the shade 52 and it gives some coverage too which is nice for touchups during the day as a translucent powder just re-sets your fading makeup whereas a powder with coverage will set your makeup and add a little extra. 

Probably my favourite part about this powder though is the packaging. It’s a slim compact with quite a generously sized mirror which makes it a handbag essential and unlike the Stay Matte the lid is sturdy so doesn't break in half or smash. The Healthy Balance Powder is enriched with Yuzu - for anti-shine - and Sharon fruit - to keep your skin hydrated - rather than using synthetics. This powder is also Noncomedogenic - it doesn't block pores - and is Hypoallergenic so is good for even sensitive skin.

What’s your favourite powder?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love the sound of this! I used to use Rimmel Stay Matte too but fancy a change so might just have to pick this up next time I'm in Boots :)

    Beth x

    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.