A Beauty Haul + Mini Reviews | #1

12:00:00

Unfortunately for my bank account Space NK, Boots and a Department Store Beauty Hall are all just a few steps from where I work, meaning that sometimes its hard to resist a trip in, ’just to look’. Somehow though I didn’t ‘just look’ and ended up acquiring a few new beauty purchases which I thought I’d share with you all with a mini review of each, though some of these products will have a more in-depth post coming soon. 

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ~ Deauville | I’m very late to the party with this one, I think everyone and their mum loves this foundation so I decided to pick it up - with the pump, which is a must - to try it out for myself. Despite it having a dewy finish it lasts on my oily skin all day and makes my skin look healthy which earns the approval from me.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ~ Oil Free | I’ve been on the hunt for a good primer for a while and after hearing lots of good things I decided to pick up this one from Laura Mercier. Whilst my skin still becomes slightly oily throughout the day, my makeup doesn’t slip around like it normally would and a quick blot and powder has my face looking fresh again.

By Terry Ombre Blackstar ~ Bronze Moon* | Having previously picked up Blond Opal and Misty Rock, Bronze Moon is another shade to add to the collection. Washed all over the lid and blended out with lashings of mascara and a red lip, is the perfect effortless glam look for any evening out.

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour ~ Rose Gold | I love eyeshadow sticks, they’re so easy and convenient to use and on a recent visit to Space NK I discovered the Laura Mercier version, having not heard much previously. The colour range is extensive but for my first dip I decided on this subtle rose gold shade. Perfect for a bit of something on the lid, or as a base for more intense shimmer, this shade is the perfect rose gold as it isn’t overly pink but is pink enough that it isn’t just gold.

Bobbi Brown Rich Caramel Eye Palette* | Every year around the festive season I pick up a new neutral eyeshadow palette - not that I actually need another. Last year my choice was the Stila In The Light Palette - full post here. This Bobbi Brown palette is great for evening makeup with the shimmer shadow adding the perfect amount of sparkle but can also be used for an everyday wash of light shadow with a warm brown in the crease for a little something extra. Bobbi Brown shadows are beautifully pigmented and bendable too.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser | I most likely need not mention this but recently I’ve wanted to step up my skincare game as having good skin means any makeup you wear will last longer and sit nicer on the skin. Having oily, congested skin I wanted to start of my skincare venture with something simple and something that works. As everyone swears by the Cleanse and Polish, I  thought that would be a good starting point. So far I’m really enjoying this cleanser. My skin is very dull and lacklustre despite being oily and this product is beginning to inject some life back into my skin.

What have you picked up recently?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.