The perfect jean

11:31:00

I despise jeans. I find them uncomfortable, they always lose their shape throughout the day and they’re incredibly average to look at. Instead, I’m a great lover of dresses, skirts and shorts, I think they’re a lot more comfortable to wear and are far easier to style in an interesting way. That was however until I discovered the Joni jean from Topshop. I had tried on Joni jeans a few times before I actually purchased them, always putting them back on the shelf knowing I wouldn’t wear them because of my hatred of jeans however on a recent shopping trip with a gift card in hand I decided to take the plunge after deciding that I needed to introduce more trousers/jeans to my wardrobe.

The Joni jean is a super skinny, super high-waisted cut of jean which are surprisingly comfortable. As they’re super skinny they contain elastane to give them a lot of stretch - and also means they hold their shape all day, no baggy knees here. The fact that they're high-waisted means they hold everything in and don’t dig in to your hips like a low-rise would. These jeans also fit me perfectly. I’m oddly proportioned with a slim waist, relatively wide hips and long legs but I have no issues with the leg being too short - even in the longer leg which has happened to me before - or fitting perfectly around the hips but being too wide around the waist. I picked up my pair in black denim as there’s something about blue denim that I really don’t like on me. They aren't the cheapest jeans on the highstreet but for a decent pair of jeans that also wash nicely, I don't think they're overpriced either. My favourite way to wear these has been with a checked shirt and my Brogues from Russell & Bromley*. 

What’s your current wardrobe favourite?


~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.