Two New (favourite) Foundations | Nars & Esteé Lauder

12:00:00



Recently, I’ve been on a bit of a foundation binge. Normally foundation isn’t something I like to change up a lot, instead sticking to the same thing until I’ve been through four or five bottles - *cough* L’Oreal Infallible *cough*. As mentioned in my recent Beauty Haul post I picked up the Nars Sheer Glow foundation which probably makes me the last person in the world to try it. I also recently picked up the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation, again another cult product in which I’m the last to the party. As they are such hyped and cult loved products I thought I’d review them at the same time for anyone else who hasn’t tried them and wants to know what the deal is.

“A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone.”

Sheer Glow is my current everyday, go-to foundation. Although I have oily skin I like to my skin to still look radiant and slightly dewy rather than matte and this does the job perfectly. I like to apply this foundation with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, dampened, as I find its the easiest way to blend it into my skin. Two pumps achieves a medium coverage but is easily buildable. I find by the end of the day I’m looking a bit oily but it’s nothing a quick powder doesn’t fix, earning it a spot in my most-loved foundations list.

“15-hour staying power. Flawless all day. This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and 
looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity. Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable.”

Double Wear is my ‘long-day’ or evening foundation. It has a tacky consistency so is best applied with a brush - I like the Zoeva Silk Finish - and lasts all day without needing a powder top up. The finish is more matte than the Nars but doesn’t look flat or dry. I have the shade 1N2 Ecru which matches me but is slightly too neutral in tone for me so I’ll be picking up 1W2 soon. I wouldn’t recommend this foundation for everyday wear however because it’s so full coverage and long lasting it could easily block pores if worn regularly. However, despite the longevity and full coverage it doesn’t feel heavy or uncomfortable on the skin, giving it an A* in my book.

What’re your favourite foundations?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.