Making your base last | Laura Mercier & L'Oreal

12:00:00

Having oily skin, making sure my makeup stays in place all day long is a challenge, especially as I don’t like wearing matte foundations. Recently I’ve been using a combination of the Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer under my foundation and the L’Oreal Fixing Mist on top of my makeup. 

The Laura Mercier primer is weightless and creates a smooth canvas for my foundation to be applied on top of and keeps my foundation in place through the slight oiliness which still comes through from wearing more dewy foundations. I love that it isn’t silicone based, as I find silicone primers leave a strange finish on the skin to work on top of.

The L’Oreal Fixing Mist was released in the States last year and I’ve been - not so - patiently waiting for it to be released in the UK as fixing mists hadn’t been seen in the highstreet before. This great for setting your makeup but also if you get a bit heavy handed  with your face products as it de-cakes any heavy concealer situations and stops powders looking overly matte.

How you do you make your foundation last?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.