Lush Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask | Review

09:00:00

“Brighten your complexion with nutrient-rich agar seaweed gel, soothing and moisturising honey and almond oil, and gently exfoliating almond shells. This mask is simply fragranced with French lavender, which has a calming effect on the mind and helps to balance the skin’s sebum production.”

Recently I’ve needed a little extra help with my skin. As I talked about in my Ten Tips for Better Skin post it’s important to give your skin an extra boost by way of a face mask. A few weeks ago I picked up the Love Lettuce fresh face mask from Lush to road test and I’ve really been enjoying it.

I’d never used a Lush face mask before but the fact that they use all fresh ingredients in each one appealed to me as like I also said in my Ten Tips for Better Skin post its better to avoid artificial’s in your skin care routine. Due to the face masks being made of fresh ingredients they have a shelf life of four weeks and need to be kept in the fridge, this however adds to the cooling and relaxing feeling of using a face mask but is a slightly odd product to keep in the fridge next to the mayonnaise.  Depending on how thick of a layer you use you can get 4-6 uses out of each tub, I apply a medium layer and leave for 10-15 minutes before washing off.

Upon opening the tub the mask is an off-putting green colour but it oozes goodness. It’s fairly thick so doesn’t slide off of your face once applied but it isn’t so thick that it’s hard to apply. The mixture contains jelly-like pieces which is the agar gel derived from seaweed, this is packed with nutrients and great for your skins health. The masks hardens once applied, like a clay mask from the drugstore, but once water is applied is easy to remove. I find that circular motions is the easiest way to remove this mask and doing this also puts the almond shells into effect by exfoliating the skin - although this mask isn’t specifically an exfoliating one the almond shells are fairly abrasive so I would avoid using it if you have sensitive skin. The addition of almond oil - which remains on your face once the mask is washed off, without leaving an oily layer - leaves the skin moisturised despite the exfoliating and drying mask qualities. The scent of lavender is calming but isn’t overpowering or irritating to the skin.

After washing off this mask my skin is definitely a lot smoother and softer in appearance and my makeup always applies easier and looks the best after using this face mask. My skin also looks a lot healthier and more radiant without being  oily or overly glow-y.

Have you tried any of the Lush face masks?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.