Blackpool | The forgotten post

21:57:00

Today, let’s take a step back a few months to summer - I was going to write this post a while back but for some reason just never got around to it. 

Back in July my family and I decided to take a 'mini holiday' to Blackpool. As my Nanna had many happy memories there and my Dad was born there we wanted to take the trip up north with my Nanna to see it all - which was quite the task I must say. As we only went for 3 days we stayed at The Imperial Hotel, which was truly stunning but was under construction and covered in scaffolding so I couldn't get a good picture. The hotel was just across from the beach so was only a short walk for a - rather chilly - paddle in the sea, minding the trams on the way! I would highly recommend a stay The Imperial Hotel, the food was amazing and the staff were so friendly.
A night time trip down to the beach to see Blackpool tower lit up - although unfortunately the tower was under some construction work so it wasn't as spectacular as it usually is
We took trip to the UK's most famous Theme park- Blackpool Pleasure Beach (including the most famous ride from the park 'The Big One'...which I didn't have the courage to go on). The Pleasure Beach Amusement Park was a really fun day out with all sorts to do whether you enjoy rides or not.
Light effects in the jellyfish tank at the Sealife Centre Blackpool
I found Nemo!
The picturesque sights of  the Blackpool Tower, one of the piers and the beach

If you’re looking for a fun beach holiday in the UK, Blackpool is at the top of my list. It has something for everyone and there's always something to do. Blackpool has such a great atmosphere to it. I really love it there and I’ll definitely be going back.

What is your favourite beach to go to in the UK?

~ Lucy xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.