Exams, college work...MOTIVATION.

20:46:00


The start of a new year is that time where everyone has to get back into the routine of reality. Waking up from the dreams of Christmas is hard. Eating chocolate, watching films and sleeping till noon is something we all enjoy and never want to leave. But it has to be done.
The new year also means...EXAMS. Oh the joys. It's hard to come out of the Christmas spirit to go straight into revision and writing essays. However, the wrong way to go about it is to leave everything to the last minute (so I have found). It's 2 days until I go back to college and I have an essay to write, art work to do and revision for a biology exam...yet I am sat here writing this. 
What I need is MOTIVATION. I need to set myself targets and reward myself when I meet them. A good tip to get work done is to sit down, with no distractions, and just get on with it. Have a drink and a snack by your side so you don’t make excuses to stop working (you know you do it!). Set a time limit of how long you think you can work for. When you're starting to feel frazzled take a short break to relax or watch an episode of your favourite TV programme. Then do another hour of work and so on. You'll be surprised at how much work you can actually get done.
The key to revision is not to get overwhelmed. This is a problem I have. I over think what I need to do and get myself anxious which makes it twice as hard to revise.  Revision will never be effective if you do 3 hours the night before. It's best to start a few weeks before the exam and do an hour or two every so often. The best way to revise is to be relaxed and focused. Get back from school or college, have a bath with some lush products (if you're into that kinda thing) 
and r-e-l-a-x. Then get into some comfy clothes and your ready to revise. 
:-)
Hope this helps.
Do you have any other tips to help with revision?
~ Lucy xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. this is agreat post it can be really hard to try and revise after christmas

    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.