New year, new me | 2013 New Years resolutions

21:32:00



Happy 2013! 

I decided that this year I was going to write myself some new years resolutions. I’ve never set myself resolutions before however I feel as though I need a kick up the bum to not let this year go to waste.

My first resolution is to become more focussed and motivated this year. Recently I’ve entered a bit of a slump where I really can’t be bothered to do anything. This has unfortunately affected my college grades as I’m underachieving. I’ve always called myself the Queen of procrastination but recently I’ve taken this to a new extreme (even as I’m writing this I’m supposed to be doing chemistry revision for upcoming exams *sigh*). So, because of this I feel as though I should take matters into my own hands and do something about it as I don’t want to be disappointed when it comes to A-level results day.

My second resolution is to live life to the fullest that I can. Though this sounds cliché I feel as though I don’t take up as many of the opportunities in life that I possibly can. I often find myself in my room on my own with my laptop quite often doing nothing in particular which is not only anti-social but also un-productive. I don’t want to look back on this year and feel as though I haven’t lived it. I want to be able to look back at a year where I took opportunities, where I was spontaneous and where I did things out of the ordinary for me. 

Both of resolutions do slightly contradict each other. On one hand I want to put my head down and get on with my education but on the other I want to go on adventures and see where life takes me. But they make sense to me and at the moment I feel as though I would be able to make these changes. Who knows? I may fail and look back at this post and think - ‘well that didn’t work’ - but I’m going to try anyway. :-)

What are your new years resolutions?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.