New from Revlon | Ultra HD Lipsticks & Matte Highlighting Palette

09:00:00

I’m a big fan of Revlon and have been for many years so whenever there’s a new release I always jump at the chance to try it. On a recent Boots trip I picked up a couple of new things from one of my favourite brands to try out.

Revlon are great at producing lip products. From their Lip Butters, to the Colorburst Lacquer and Matte Balms and the Moisture Stains to their Super Lustrous Lipsticks and Super Lustrous Lipgloss' are all winners with their latest release - the Ultra HD Lipsticks  - being no exception to this rule. All of the shades ranging from nudes and light pinks to reds and deep berries are named after flowers such Rose, Sweat Pea, Hibiscus and Iris which being a sucker for shade names delighted me a lot. They’re incredibly pigmented despite the silky, moisturising texture and they stain the lips so the colour lasts even when the gel texture has worn away. The scent is also lovely of a mix of vanilla and mango but isn’t overpowering that you can smell it once it’s on your lips. I chose the shade Poppy to be my summer red as it has a orange undertone and the glossy texture makes it perfect for the summer months rather than I matte, deep red I’m used to wearing during winter. The only problem I have with these lipstick is that the shape of the bullet can make it difficult to apply compared to a traditional bullet shape but that won’t stop me from picking up more shades.

I’m a big bronzer and contour girl so when I saw the Matte Highlighting Palette in Desert Bronze it instantly found its way into my basket. The mix of the lighter and darker bronze shades makes a bronzer/contour hybrid that is neither too orange nor too ashy and is a great all rounder. The white shade at the top has a subtle shimmer and is great for targeted highlighting with your finger or small brush and the powder itself blends so easily you can bronze up your skin in seconds.

What’re your favourite new releases?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.