NARS All Day Luminous Foundation | Review

09:00:00

“Full, natural-looking coverage with unexpectedly weightless, 16-hour wear. Highly pigmented and perfectly balanced, this breakthrough formula builds and blends effortlessly with just one drop—the result of exclusive innovation uniquely designed to deliver long-wearing full coverage, weightlessly. Shake, pump and blend in sections for complete coverage that's completely natural looking.”

I’ve been road testing the Nars All Day Luminous foundation for a couple of months now and I definitely go through fazes of loving it and hating it. Coverage is full and as it claims, does feel weightless on the skin, which is great because theres nothing worse than a claggy feeling foundation. It’s very easy to blend out - I like to use a sponge - however you do need to be quick as it does set on the skin fairly quickly. The finish is much like sheer glow, adding luminosity without a lot of dew, however it can look a little heavy on the skin if you aren’t careful and if you have larger pores I’d recommend using a primer underneath so nothing is emphasised. You really have to shake this foundation up before you apply it as the formula separates into a liquid on top and the pigment at the bottom, which in the past I’ve forgotten to shake it and ended up with a lumpy mess on the back of my hand. 

My biggest, and only real, problem with this foundation though is the packaging. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this but it leaks, a lot, and as you have to shake the bottle you can’t prevent it from leaking, which creates a big mess. The foundation itself is also very watery so you need to be careful when applying it so it doesn’t run everywhere.

Although this foundation lasts on my skin longer than sheer glow without the need to touch up and has a very similar finish to sheer glow, I prefer sheer glow overall. It’s less hassle to apply and for me, sits on the skin that little bit nicer in my opinion. That’s not to see this isn’t a good product though, because it is as it does everything it says it does, however it just doesn’t takeover sheer glow in my estimations. 

Have you tried the all day luminous?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.