Current Favourites | #14

12:00:00


Left to right: smarty pants, rebel, fire cracker, funny girl

Bobbie Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base | This has been my dehydrated, uneven skins saviour recently. It’s oil-free, amazing for my already oily skin, and contains Shea butter and vitamins B, C and E for deep hydration. A primer and moisturiser in one, it creates the perfect base before makeup and seamlessly smoothes skins texture. I’ve been using this morning and night despite it being a primer, as the hydration properties leave my skin feeling refreshed and velvety. I also love the scent, grapefruit, is very uplifting and makes me want to eat it.

Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioner | Along with dehydrated skin, I also suffer from dehydrated lips. This lip conditioner from Jo Malone is a life saver because of the concentration of wheatgerm extract for deep hydration. It also has a hint of menthol in it which is lovely and soothing.

Tarte Tartelette In Bloom palette | I’m a great lover of neutral eyeshadow palettes and of late this has been my go-to. A perfect mix of taupes, browns and blush hues you can create a variety of looks from subtle everyday sparkle to a darker, smokey evening look. The shadow quality is amazing, all blending out perfectly and all being highly pigmented and the smell is divine. The packaging is also slim and sturdy which makes it great for travelling, this was the only palette I’ve been taking with me recently.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer NC20 | I’ve mentioned this before in my Summer Essentials post a couple of summers ago, having recently picked it up again I’ve fallen in love all over again. It’s thick in consistency so I wouldn’t recommend it for under-eye brightening however its perfect for any scars or active spots on the face. It’s also waterproof so if you’re like me and don’t like to go completely bare-faced to the gym, beach, pool etc you can blend some on top of any problem areas without worrying about it melting from sweat or water.

YSL Shocking Mascara | I’ve never found a great mascara that I would run out to repurchase. I’m incredibly picky when it comes to mascara, wanting something which adds volume but doesn't clump, and adds length without becoming spidery - a lot to ask for, I know. In a recent walk through duty free I decided to pick the YSL shocking mascara up to try, having heard a lot about YSL mascaras in general. I wore this all holiday, even to the beach, and it didn’t smudge or flake once. It’s completely jet black, which I like as so often a ‘black’ mascara turns out more charcoal or grey. It also adds length and volume with the right amount of clump. The only thing I don’t like is the smell. It has that typical luxury makeup smell which a lot of YSL, Estée lauder and Chanel products have and in a mascara I just don’t think it’s necessary and could cause irritation for some people.

What're your current favourites?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.