Brunching with Homemade Waffles | Sunday Bakes

09:00:00

Waffles are my favourite thing to eat for breakfast, brunch or even lunchtime. I have an unhealthy obsession with my local waffle house which luckily for me is only five minutes up the road from me, so I’m constantly dragging my friends to get waffles with me - not that they need too much persuasion. Apparently my family have taken note of my love of waffles and for Christmas presented me with my own waffle maker so I could make my favourite treat at home. So, today I thought I’d share my recipe for the perfect at home waffles.

I N G R E D I E N T S :

250g (2½ cups) Plain flour
2tsp Baking powder
20g (1½ tbsp) Caster sugar
475ml (16 fl oz) Milk
2 Eggs
30ml (1 fl oz) Vegetable oil

M E T H O D :

1. Pre heat your waffle maker and spray with oil if it isn’t non stick already.

2. Weigh out all of the dry ingredients an place into a large mixing bowl.

3. Add the eggs, milk and oil to the dry ingredients and beat the mixture until smooth. Try not to over mix the mixture or the waffles will turn out heavy when they've been cooked.

4. Pour 3/4 of a cup of the batter into the waffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Don't overfill the waffle maker as the mixture will pour out the sides and make a big mess - trust me on this, I’ve been there.

5. Serve hot with toppings of your choice - my favourite combination is bacon and maple syrup but you could opt for fruit or Nutella, anything you want.

6. Cooked waffles can be frozen and heated in the toaster. Any unused batter can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days. I tend to make up a batch at the beginning of the week, freeze them and then take one or two out in the morning to have as my breakfast.

What’s your favourite breakfast treat?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.